Instituição onde foi realizado o trabalho
- Principal: Hospital Federal de Bonsucesso
- CAMILA RASINSKI ZUBACZ (Interesse Comercial: NÃO)
- ALANA VITORIA SOUSA GONCALVES (Interesse Comercial: NÃO)
- WILLIAM DA CUNHA GALVAO LIMA (Interesse Comercial: NÃO)
- DIEGO PAIVA MOULIN (Interesse Comercial: NÃO)
- BEATRIZ ABREU FIUZA GOMES (Interesse Comercial: NÃO)
COMPARISON OF HORIZONTAL CORNEAL DIAMETER BY THE ATLAS CORNEAL TOPOGRAPHY AND IOL MASTER
To compare white-to-white horizontal corneal diameter (WTW) measurements using Zeiss Atlas Corneal Topography and Zeiss IOL master 500 model in general patients.
WTW distance were measured with the Atlas Topography and IOLMaster 500 in 361 eyes of 181 patients. Statistical evaluation was performed using the paired t test, Pearson correlation, and Bland-Altman analysis for comparison of measurement techniques.
The mean WTW distance measurements with the Atlas topography and IOL Master 500 were 12.26 ± 0.55 mm and 12.09 ± 0.44 mm, respectively (t=6.93; P < 0.0001). The mean WTW difference between the two devices was 0.17mm (95% confidence interval of mean difference: 0.12 – 0.22mm). The Pearson correlation coefficient between the two devices was 0.61.
There was a statistically significant difference between the mean values of WTW measured with the Atlas Topography and IOL Master 500. These devices should not be used interchangeably regarding WTW measurement.